Welcome to COLSasaji Specimen Database Based on the Coleoptera Collection by Dr. Hiroyuki Sasaji !
A database COLSasaji is a specimen database based on the Coleoptera collection of the late Dr. Hiroyuki Sasaji. The collection was donated to the Kyushu University Museum. Dr. Sasaji mainly studied Coccinellidae and constructed a vast collection of beetles. The total number of specimens at present is 27,638 (late of September, 2009). Each record consists of 24 items according to a format of the Darwin Core of the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF), such as scientific name, country, collecting locality, collecting date, collector, etc.
The COLSasaji is managed by a text database management system SIGMA.
The COLSasaji file is supported by a Grant-in-Aid for Publication of Scientific Research Results (Head Investigator: Osamu Tadauchi) and a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research(A) (Head Investigator: Osamu Tadauchi) from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, and a Grant-in-Aid for Biodiversity Database from Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) (Head Investigator: Osamu Tadauchi).
The use of data in this database is free of charge if the objective is academic study or educational purposes.
- Search COLSasaji database
- How to Use
- Items of Data
- Example of a record
- Publications, Manuals and Explanations
- Copyright Notice
- Inquiries and Comments
Data and Tags are the Following 24 items.
|2.||(DATE)||Date Last Modified|
|7.||(BR)||Basis of Record|
|15.||(AU)||Scientific Name Author|
|24.||(REL)||Relation Type (associated plants)|
|Date Last Modified|
|Scientific Name||Ivania coccinea|
|Basis of Record|
|Scientific Name Author||Lewis, 1895|
|Relation Type (associated plants)|
Tadauchi, O., C. Hirosawa, H. Inoue, T. Sugimoto, R. Murao, N. Takahashi, S. Sato, K. Mitai and Y. Hara, 2009. Specimen database AIIC, Asian insect information center database, based on types and normal specimens collected in Asia and the Pacific Area, Part 1. Esakia, (49): 1-5.
Entomology Database Project Group (Head: O. Tadauchi, Editors: O. Tadauchi, M. Maruyama, C. Hirosawa, System administrator: H. Inoue, Y. Hara) holds the copyright on the entomology database BeeCAsia.
Inquiries and Comments about COLSasaji should be the following E-mail Address.
Faculty of Agriculture,
Japan E-mail: email@example.com
- Asian Insect Information Center (AIIC)
Type specimen database
- ELKUType (Type specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University)
- TachikawaType (Dr. Tachikawa’s parasitic wasp type collection donated to Kyushu University)
- M.ChujoType (Dr. M.Chujo’s Coleoptera Type Collection Donated to Kyushu University)
- Bee specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University, except for Prof. Tadauchi’s foreign collection (BeeELKU)
- Bee specimen database based on Dr. Hiromi Fukuda’s collection (BeeFukuda)
- Bee specimen database based on collection of Central Asia by the Kyushu University Expedition (BeeCAsia)
- Bee specimen database based on Prof. Tadauchi’s collection collected from foreign countries (BeeFTadauchi)
- Specimen database based on the Parasitic Wasp Collection Preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University (ProctELKU)
- Specimen database based on the Coleoptera collection collected in Kumamoto Prefecture, Kyushu by Mr. Isao Otsuka (COLOtsuka)
- Specimen database based on the Coleoptera collection preserved in the Laboratory of Environmental Entomology, Ehime University (COLEUMJ)
- Specimen database Based on the Rescued Damaged Specimens of the Rikuzen-Takata City Museum in Iwate Prefecture (RDS)
- Specimen database based on the Aphids prepared slide collection by Dr. Magoshiro Moritsu (APHIDMoritsu)